Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Medical Investigations

Comment on my last note made me think a bit more about investigations some of which are unpleasant, others even painful etc. We, as physicians do not see what the patient is going thru as we feel it is a justifiable procedure. I am not going to relate stories of how some procedures or investigations have caused damage or such unwanted results, because there are some others in which 'good' does result (Like you are doing Ultrasound of the belly for something and you discover a relatively non-symptomatizing lesion of great significance)
I will give my personal impressions as follows. (Iss kay parrnay say buhton ka bhala hoga.)
First--Medicare experience. Retired and depend upon medicare as well as other insurance to cover medical expenses (and now realize what a difference it is when paying for ordinary tests)
Anyway, I personally always saw medicare patients whatever they could pay because it was against my philosophy to reject them. After all somebody has to help those eldrly people. Now that I myself am in that category, I find 'rejection' by a physician (that "our doctor does not see medicare patients; Medicare has very restricted payment schedule.) very painful and I wonder that this physician is going to do when one day he himself will be in that category; what will he do then?
Yes I may have suffered some monetary losses but I was paid by others well. That is not what I am writing however, my purpose is to make you understand how I felt at the time of rejection. felt 'degraded' and small.
Second, when an investigative procedure is performed on me I feel the discomfort and then I rememeber what I did when I was performing, say for example a cerebral angiogram or the most dreaded pneumo-encephalogram (Fortunately it is not done any more since the advent of CT scanning.)
Thirdly, the injections, whenever I needed, or blood drawing or other needle pricking procedures, again I feel (I am pretty stoic and these procedures dont really bother me much but I do feel, to be truthful).
I did have some procedures when I was younger and working myself (Nurses would know me and would be more polite with me then) but now these things do matter.
This therefore is not necessarily a pleasant experience

6 comments:

mystic-soul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mystic-soul said...

I always wondered all these things and still do. One time I puposefully went for bone marrows aspiration to just see how painful it is..and damn it hurts !!!

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that you are well.

Things would have been better, rather, this world would have been far better if everybogy considered what if it is done to him or her.

For the past six months I had been caught up by the daily events and couldn't spare much time for the computer.

Also please note the new address of my Urdu blog. It is http://theajmals.com/blog

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, oakley vault, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, coach outlet, chanel handbags, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, true religion, ray ban outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, longchamp handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, rolex watches, hollister, insanity workout, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, herve leger, uggs on sale, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, birkin bag, new balance outlet, lululemon outlet, p90x workout, wedding dresses, asics shoes, roshe run, canada goose outlet, longchamp, ugg, valentino shoes, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, ghd, canada goose, mac cosmetics, babyliss pro, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, beats headphones, soccer shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes

oakleyses said...

hollister clothing, air max, wedding dress, baseball bats, vans, pandora uk, ralph lauren, moncler, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, ray ban, swarovski jewelry, toms outlet, canada goose pas cher, timberland shoes, converse shoes, ugg, hollister canada, links of london uk, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, nike air max, montre femme, canada goose uk, canada goose, uggs canada, converse, oakley, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, gucci, replica watches, moncler, parajumpers outlet, lancel, swarovski uk, iphone 6 case, louboutin, thomas sabo uk, canada goose