Search This Blog

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday Surkhi/Qardh Hasana

I had a ten days 'vacation' from blogging.
Nothing specific--- although several things happened that needed to be reported.
While going through some other's blog (probably my friend "Mystic"), I came across the idea of "giving in the way of Allah" always helps.
My thoughts on this subject
Yes, you always get rewards here as well as in the hereafter, like "Qadhan Hasana" (Goodly loan)
Yes , I think sometimes Allah gives us more than our needs so that we can share with others and so certainly the 'poor' have a right on that "extra". We have a misunderstadning that "we earned it so we own it", but without His leave or His "Fadhl" we could not (He gives the brain, ability to do, ability to work hard etc.--all is His giving). Forgive me for the word Fadhl (Fazal in Urdu) because it has been used wrongly probably jokingly for "illegal income" in some circles and I am ceratinly not using it in that sense at all.
The Aya in Qur'an Surah Zariyaat, 51st sura, Aya 19:
"And in their wealth there is a due share for the beggar and the deprived" (Arabic words are better than English Lissaail-e- wal mahroom.)