Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Music # 3, Eastern and Western Mix


    I may have expressed my interest
in  music before but Here I wish to make in interesting example. Bollywood music started originally with eastern type of rhythms instruments and by early forties (20th century) The western tunes and instruments had already made their way into Bollywood songs Many examples but I wish to quote one here
 The original song (Called Anniversary song) was sung by Al Jolso in 1947 and later Andy Williams,  made it popular again in 1964. It is a beautiful heart warming tune along with similar romantic wording

    Ooooo how we danced on the night we were wed
      We vowed oue true love though a word was'nt said
   Now somewhere later Rajkapur produced his hit film "Bersaat" in which music was composed by a newcomer pair Shanker- JaiKishan and they did such a wonderful job there were many hit songs produced But one song
 Hoooo mujhay kisi say piyar ho giya (is the one I am talking about here)
 Very chanchal type of song but its opening plays a soft Violin tune and guess what that tune of the anniversary song plays that soon followed by the  chanchal play of the violin and the Hindi song
   If you have time listen to both to check my statement It is raelly intriguing and fascinating




Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: