Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Major Dr Merajuddin merhoom


  August 4-5(the night of) almost 28 years ago I lost my older brother who was my friend, my mentor my guide and my supporter and father all put together and for 8 years my bhabi reminded the date  until she died. May Allah grant hem both high places in Jannah.
So it is kind of a personal note 
Every person young or old who met him or shared any moments life with him or in his company fell in love with him. I remember at his funeral I was consoling  crying grieving patients and friends of him. Yes he was a popular doctor in the city, a life he chose for himself after rejecting offer of higher education in England from the army leaving as Captain. He had envisaged that type of life following our father who was a Hakeem(Qualified from Dehli, student of Hakim Ajmal Khan) in a city with similar popularity
His home visit fee in those days was 10 rupees and I went with him for one visit where the patients relative (a wealthy industrialist) offered him five bills of 10 rupees and he picked one out of them
  Both him and I were brought up like that with strict ethical principles which are not much known now adays

No comments: