Search This Blog

Monday, April 03, 2023

A 3 mm Stone

OK, This may be a very tiny thing to  know about butn believe it or not It has caused me a lot of sickness that my last month I had to go though
   It started with tummy pain last sept/Oct and since it was unusual and bad I went to doctors. It was discovered I had a stone sitting in the lower end of my left ureter
 I was not pleased but I was aware of it because my oldest brother had the same when I was in my final year MBBS. So He came to Lahore and I took him to our surgery professor (Amiruddin) He was admitted in the hospital thinking he may need surgery.(Pre CT scan days) Before surgery as he looked at the XRay pictures he decided to make him sit in warm ware and sure enough he passed the stone the following day
 So when i went to the Urologist after a week or so (Last week of November) he had another Xray and it showed no stone So he told me I must have passed. Actually it was still there and somehow Xray was not showing it 
I kept drinking lot of water till in February I had another attack of pain. Stone was still there in CT scan
 So Urologist decided to remove it but this time the stone had travelled down into the bladder
 I spent a most uncomfortable night in hospital and dveloped many pains in my body as the urologist did the needful under short general anesthesia
 Stone was out but urological system had suffered some anotomical damage that was corrected so I finally felt relieved that such tiny thing caused so much problem as it spent about three months in some cosy place in my ureter
AlHamdulillah I am ok now but still drinking lot of water and passing lot of water day and night, the nights are making my sleep a problem and then urgerncy of micturition remains with me as it is easy to loose control
 Just a tiny little stone but in a wrong place



Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: