Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2022

Still Alice

This is a very remarkable movie  I came across today (Still Alice)
  Nearly all important scientific and clinical details of Alzhiemers disease are depicted played very well by the heroine a middle aged lady living with three grown up children and a concerned husband. She is a highly intelligent lady teaching language, a linguistic expert actually. Diagnosed with familial/hereditary type and one of her daughters tests positive for the culpable gene
  The CT scan with neurologist discussion of findings and modern research on accumulation of amyloid and attempts to reduce it etc and treatments (including use of aricept) She  makes an impressive speach in a meeting of the Alzhiemer patients and their relatives
   I not only enjoyed it thoroughly but also remembered everything I had learned during my practice (such as how to use hammer or a comb) and the "decade of Brain" (the last decade of 20th century)
Amazing indeed and also realized that me and my wife do not have Alzheimers - Al-Hamdulillah
There are differences in "Senile dementia" and Alzheimers disease
even though there is some resemblance in Pathological findings


Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: