Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Sneezing - Feeling Guilty

Ordinarily this is a completely useless ineffectual mundane kind of topic to say anything about. Yes?  But wait it is not so in my personal case
First what do they say when you sneeze
1. Yerhamukum-ullah (the sneezer says alhamdulillah) Actually medically speaking this act is to throw out forcefully any irritating and therefore possibly injurious thing for the respiratory system So alhamdulillah is a thank you for the Almighty very appropriate indeed
2.  'Somebody is remembering you' which gives you a good feeling
   Now like everybody else I have been sneezing all my life with or without coryza or any other reason.
  Did you ever wonder why we nearly always sneeze twice?
 They say museebtain akeli nahin ateen مصیبتیں اکیلی نہیں آتیں
Well Sneez has become very much a museebat for me:

 Many a times in the last fifteen thousand eight hundred and eighty days I have been sharply reminded not to sneeze so loud (do I have control on it?)
 Not only that but actually I may be told to go to some other room during the time she is on telephone conversation as if I purposely sneeze during such time. It is estimated, I am reminded, loud sneeze will sort of scare the person on the other end of the phone (Dont ask me how)
 Well to cut the story short I have been driven to feel guilty each time I sneeze. That is true even when I am all alone at home or even when I am visiting some other place (like Pakistan)

  For coughing and some other human automatic/autonomic physiological events with or without acoustic accompaniment there are other instructions/exclamations

Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: