Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Suhrab Modi/Bollywood movies

See my note on Pukar in Urdu
http://saugoreebsc.blogspot.com/2018/03/blog-post. one of the last blogs in Urdu I wrote about film "Pukar"of the old times I just recently saw another movie "Sikander"which I remember from my childhood movies as 'Sikander-e-Azam'but that seems to be some other movie
Anyway I used to patiently wait for some movies that were expected to open in my city and as soon as I would see the Tonga moving around with posters of such movie I would run home to inform so we could prepare to watch that movie in the  (only) Cinema theater in Saugor with family
 I still have memories of those movies like Pukar, Khandan and Sikander and picture of the handsome fellow Prathviraj with that typical Alexanderian style head wear is still almost fresh in my mind and then I remember how much I liked to sing that song (from Sikander Movie)
 Zindagi hay piyar say piyar men bitaey ja
 As I said and older folks like me know how Dialogue-filled'such movies were from Suhrab and he made historical ones with passion. Watching pre-partition movies also shows me how Hindi and Urdu were used side by side along with English in ads etc.
 The culture was different then as compared to now and  those movies seem more ''theatrical


Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: