Search This Blog

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Final (Official) meeting

Saturday the 18th March was a day of my meeting I handed over chairmanship of BOD of ICR as new elected member joined.
 I had not realized later after Assr prayer there ws a 'celebration' which initially I could not understand until so many of those invited for the supper (Very sumptuous one indeed and Zaitoon had done a great job) started making comments of my contributions etc. to the Islamic center and those of Dr Sarwat . I understood some speakers and other little but the delay in my understanding was due to my poor hearing
 This is more in the form of my Urdu blog as I am expressing my thoughts of this day. Since it was unexpected I was unprepared for all that including the plaques given to both of us. We both of course functioned all our lives for the pleasure of Allah SWT and so I just thanked everybody and said this:
 شکوہء ظلمت شب سے تو کہیں بہتر تھا
 اپنے حصے کی کوئ شمع جلاتے جاتے
 And  of course tried to translate this for everybody
 This gave me an occasion to reflect on how my passion for Islamic center and its need had pushed me into doing things like a leader though I was not exactly cut out for a good leader's job. I had to get involved to make sure my children and grandchildren will have an Islamic atmosphere to breath in and will make friends with Muslims along with non-Muslims, will value Islamic teachings along with Local traditions etc. My involvement had started in mid-seventies as Islamic Society of NC was established on Eid-ul-Fitr (sept.) 1976 where I was elected (even though I lived in fayetteville then) vice chairman and Dr Hasan as chairman. The I became chairman then Dr Mansour
 At the time of writing Dr Hasan is still alive as is Dr. mansour Mohamed and after him Dr. Shamimur-Rehman became chairman when ISNC was dissolved and IAR was born. See my write up of history of ICR for the rest.



Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: