Search This Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2016

A Mr. Black

     Like so many of observations of my friend "'Mystic' I end up writing my own experience but actually this was a thought even before I read his blog on Dr. Gibbs
 Anyway this one that I am writing is in a different vein.
 My first job in England was surgical (Junior house surgeon) mainly to get full registration and I enjoyed it. As for learning my immediate 'boss'was surgical registrar a Mr. Black (not his real name)
who was already FRCS (in England doctor who has passed FRCS is addressed as Mister) He was a very kind  gentleman and good teacher with good work ethics. I understood perfectly why so many of the nurses had a crush on him, he was single and Australian. I remember how he taught me  a non touch technique for catheterization (On my first day I had four admissions of urinary obstruction) but  what I will never forget is one colonoscopy I did with him. I was  more a watching assistant. He took the whole procedure calmly with no frown on his forehead and no other untoward expression on his face or his body at any time. There was a lot of loose fecal matter obstructing our vision and he was quietly cleaning to get proper vision and while me and the nurse just watching him the dirty job as if it was not dirty at all just part of colonoscopy only. O yes many colonoscopies have the same expectations but the way he performed was a very good lesson for me as he was so thorough and focussed.
main nay pallay bandh lia tha yeh sabaq


Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

3 comments:

mystic-soul said...

It amaze me when I see such calm people in life and death crisis - trying to do their best to save a life. I met some remarkable human beings practicing proper Medicine at bedside.

mystic-soul said...

Uncle, I left comment on your Urdu blog. Did you get it?

bsc said...

No I did not get it