Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Missed Sunday__Lonely fight

Ali has shown improvement with temp. falling to normal.
He asked me what else can I tell him, I asked him what did I say last time
He remembered correctly (Listening with somewhat sleepy eyes, but) evidently listeneing very attentively to what I say. This has always been usual with him. "Tell me uncle something to remember" And I end up scratching my head to come up with something.
So I had told him, baitay this illness and lying in bed away from all the hullabalu of the life with attractions and distractions, is a lonely fight with the disease.
You are the only warrior in this battle. It is one on one fight.
Others who come to help you they ask you how are you and pray for you and they wish you well etc. etc. and the doctors and nurses come and give you medicines and words of comfort and in fact try to make you comfortable in bed etc. etc.
But YOU fight the illness yourself and you have to gather all your inner strength of spiritual and psychological and physical powers to put them to work for you. Nobody can do that BUT you.
I told him I went through an illness in my younger days being in bed for about three months or so. I remember missing all the fun that others were able to enjoy by just going out and seeing their friends, classmates and relatives. I missed doing things that I used to do to have fun. My brother brought books, novels for me to read, of which I still remember the one that I enjoyed most "The hound of the Baskervilles" and others like "saint" series.
I was not as comfortable reading English novels then but these "mysteries" captured my attention very easily. (I was more comfortable reading Urdu.)
I remembered my "loneliness" and so I told him dont feel lonely but try to get your inner spiritual strength based on Iman and your personal connection with your Creator. That will help your recovery insh-Allah
Ali still needs lots of prayers folks.

6 comments:

Ayesha said...

i'm so glad you were able to sit with ali and talk to him. inshallah i hope your words went to his heart and will help him fight. we are so worried.

Anonymous said...

May Allah grant him long healthy life..Aameen

(is he still on LVAD?)

bsc said...

Aameen, yes he is still onVentricular assist device. Waiting for ultimate decision for its d/c IA.
Ali does need suppotive talk rather than "we pray for you" type of attitude though he does need the prayers But he needs encouragement to face the tough time and may be given 'practical' ways of dealing with such things. Admittedly it is hard.

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, oakley vault, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, coach outlet, chanel handbags, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, true religion, ray ban outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, longchamp handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, rolex watches, hollister, insanity workout, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, herve leger, uggs on sale, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, birkin bag, new balance outlet, lululemon outlet, p90x workout, wedding dresses, asics shoes, roshe run, canada goose outlet, longchamp, ugg, valentino shoes, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, ghd, canada goose, mac cosmetics, babyliss pro, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, beats headphones, soccer shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes

oakleyses said...

hollister, wedding dress, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, louis vuitton canada, canada goose, hollister clothing, swarovski uk, ralph lauren, karen millen, ugg, hollister canada, juicy couture outlet, gucci, moncler outlet, canada goose pas cher, air max, coach outlet, louboutin, canada goose uk, converse shoes, pandora uk, supra shoes, converse, swarovski jewelry, moncler, timberland shoes, lancel, replica watches, baseball bats, parajumpers outlet, nike air max, thomas sabo uk, links of london uk, canada goose, uggs canada, moncler, oakley, vans, moncler, iphone 6 case, ray ban, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, montre femme, moncler