Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wild-wilder-wildest

Actually the name is Wilders who ia making a 'documentry' about Qur'an in the Netherlands with desecration of the book. Dutch Prime Minister says when it is released it will be treated as "freedom of speech" with restrictions that Dutch Government has placed. Wilders wants Muslims out of Netherland (Like Neither land for for Muslims?). The Dutch Governement however has different laws, so nobody needs to worry.
A very nice article by ISNA president Dr. Ingrid Mattson is published and you may have read it already (I recommend it strongly, not just because I like her but also because I would like all Muslim leaders to write with that tone, as knowledgeable as they are, just like her (including her teachers). My reason of writing this note is what made my eyes wet. She says:

"As for me, I have vowed that if and when Wilders releases this film, the first thing I will do is pick up my Qur'an, kiss it as a symbol of the reverence it deserves from me, then sit down and read it for an hour."
My advise to all the Muslims in the world is the same and advertise it on the internet and everywhere on the available media. For the book 'deserves' the same from each and every Muslim in the world. So let there be
"a day of kiss and recite the book as a defence of Qur'an"
It may also require from Dr. Mattson a bit more as she has more responsibility as president of a large Muslim Organization (whatever her Shura decides to take any other step as an organization)

"THERE IS NO WEALTH LIKE INTELLIGENCE AND NO POVERTY LIKE IGNORANCE" (Nahjul-Balagha)

No comments: