Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Manufactured stories

This is becoming difficult to write or remember to write blogs although some "stories" do crop up in my old brain that I want to transfer to a "page". Today on UTube I heard a story about Nedo (not correct spelling)Hotel on the Mall in Lahore  I was familiar with it during my time in Lahore and that it was changed to (present day) Awari Hotel.
The commentator talks about Col T E Lawrence (Yes the same Lawrence of Arabia) who stayed in that hotel and met many other big shots playing (classical British high handedness in the removal/downfall of Amanullah the king of Afghanistan, also Kashmir, Sheikh Abdullah his Ghaddari for Kashmir etc etc I had thought He died in a motorcycle accident  as he returned to England after his Arabian experience.
             These days of fake everything and all Utubers who enjoy writing fibs and fakes I have started feeling sometimes disgusted from reading/seeing such things on U-Tube but Lawrance is noy an ordinary army officer He indeed was a calssical British Spy who played  some part in destroying Muslim influence and he did succeed everywhere He was in Lahore 1928-9 admittedly a short period for having success in his mission

 Dr Nasir Baig seems to be a well-educated speaker and collects a lot of real information
 from different sources. I was definitely surprised to listen to his account which may have been embellished to some extent


Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: