Search This Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Music #2 (especially Bollywood films)

 My previous blog on music and my interest was written May 07, 2009
     I had mentioned how closely I followed classical and semiclassical music in general and specially in Bollywood movies where it all started.
I had mentioned most5 of the rags and some tunes derived from them. I wish to mention here about Derbari raag
  Two most well-knownpopular Bhajans (Actually written by Muslims) both in Derbari are
--- O, duniya k rakhwalay
and --- Tora man derpan kehlayay
  Now note the first one O dunia k rakhwalay waswritten by Shakeel Badauni (Muslim) Tune composed by Nawshad (Muslim) Sung by Mohammad Rafi
 And second Tora man derpan, --- written by Saher Ludhianvi   (Saher was in Government college Lahore 1949 (Abdul Hayyi, his original name) like so many other well known Filmi greats (I had recently learned about DevAnand)
 Incidentaly in 2009, I had written in my note I still enjoy Quran recitation but now for over 5-6 years I have lost that enjoyment also as my hearing is gone and only source of sound for me is my right Cochlear implant and no sound from left ear but alHamdulillah the implant helps listen to it, it s just the ups and downs of the tune cannot be appreciated by my "artificial ear"




Please visit my Urdu blog at خیالات و احساسات

No comments: