Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Surkhi--Shirley

  This was a 'heavy' Sunday
 When I was making my first home in NC after arriving here in 1973, it was in Fayetteville NC
 After I bought a small house I needed all things like sofa dining set chairs beddings etc. etc. everything and Shirley went round with me enjoying every minute of the shopping and I trusted her choices. I was obliged to her for her help but she thanked me that I gave her the opportunity to 'enjoy'. That is Shirley.
Rene Shirley Nathaniel  dear wife of my friend Dennis. We attended her funeral today all the family members and friends, many of whom I was meeting after so many years. That was a typical Indian Christian ceremony. Of course, as a Muslim, I chose not to attend the religious ceremony but that was a sad and touching day for us. Seeing friends with whom we spent so much of happy time together at Shirley and Dennis's place, enjoying their hospitality, music, and food. Tea, she was one great connoisseur I have met in my life who knew about the qualities and flavours of this drink.
 She enjoyed life fully. Once there was cooking (International cuisine) competition at Fort Bragg (she used to teach Urdu/Hindi to the gee-eyes) and of course her cooking got the first prize. Surprised? No I was not. I said that I would have been really surprised if Shirley had NOT gotten the first prize. That tells a lot about her perfectionistic personality. (Yes she was my patient also for her migraine.)
 That was Shirley, my very brief note about this woman of great rakh rakahao (رکھ رکھائو)
Please visit my Urdu blog at http://saugoreebsc.blogspot.com/ and my Hindi blog at http://wahajuana.blogspot.com/