Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Jum'ah Journal--Hot weather Ramzan

 Summer getting more hot days, reminds me of my younger dyas fasting July-August fasts without AC and no refrigerator  temp. over 110 F, we would welcome any clouds any time and rains would be so much relief but this years rains have  over done it., reminding us that God is Qadeer on all things and he has everything in appropriate proportion, a slight increase in that proportion cretaes heavoc (Floods of today in Pakistan are a terse reminder) کلّ شی ء عندہ بمقدار from S, #13, Verse 8. (Everything with Him has a proportion")
 This "miqdar"  can be a good news when it satisfies the parched earth and  dampening of the heat of sun even if temporary. But if God llets this 'miqdar to increase the opposite happens.
 Anyway I was talking about mild cooling effect of rain was so welcome for the young (myself) fasting and going for Taraweeh. It was hard and so when I see this hot weather of Ramzan I thank God that now I have everything to keep me safe from the  heat and sweat. I was in the village with no electricity, so I had to find the help of "hand fan". Would go to spend time between Zuhr and Asr near a well with water running and sit down under the shade of a tree watching the oxen pair going round and round running the water extracting system and cool clear water flowing into the fields
 That was  'fast' of hot weather (49-50).


Please visit my Urdu blog at http://saugoreebsc.blogspot.com/ and my Hindi blog at http://wahajuana.blogspot.com/

3 comments: