Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Medical Musings

1.   I was examining the chest of a patient with stethoscope
Breathe with open mouth
Now breathe normal
 Say ninety nine
 say ninety nine
Say ninetynine... many more times
"Doctor, when are you going to ask me to say one hundred".
 
2.  I was getting ready for L.P. to do a myelogram on a patient and after the proper positioning I started the aseptic cleaning with swab of betadine solution.
"Doctor, you forgot to warm up the solution"


3. I was  taking a history of a gentleman in Pakistan about his epigastric pain
"ڈاکٹر صاحب کھانے کے بعد ایکدم پیٹ میں قوالیئں ہونے لگتی ہیں
  (Doctor, after I eat my, tummy gets feelings of Qawwali singing)

4. (I have written it before) I was on the evening rounds in a hospital in NorthEast England where there was lot of COPD (Nearby coalmines). I had prescribed Aminophylline suppository to some patients for relief of respiratory distress (with good results).
 Sister (the charge nurse of the ward) who had overheard the conversation in neighboring patients in the ward tells me
  (Medicine has advanced so much nowadays,  the medicine is given you "down" and the effect is "up")


Please visit my Urdu blog at http://saugoreebsc.blogspot.com/ and my Hindi blog at http://wahajuana.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

mystic said...

hahahaha

I have many such personal stories too...

bsc said...

Go ahead write some. I have forgotten a lot of them