Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday Surkhi--Late Entry

I was busy with Grandchildren (extremely important consideration).
Anyway
I just am posting my experience with my friend who died of brain tumor.
He and I were the second and third "high School graduates" of our village. I shall relate the story of the first one later some time.
We spread wide and far after graduation and leaving the School. I had heard his name that he bacame BA and BT and was Head Master of some schools including our own school in Kakrali (Dist. Gujrat in Panjab). Years passed and I was in London visiting my sister when I was told he is in London staying with his younger brother (some time in the late nineties) and that he was sick. So some friend took me to see him. That was the first time after graduation I was meeting him and of course I knew it would be the last. He sat with me and told me how he was treated by the (neurosurgeons) in Pakistan as they were very very respectful to him and took great care of him. He knew I was Neurologist but could not give me more specific detail, but I was happy to see him and so was he.
Respect for teachers is something not necessarily common these days (in Pakistan) any more, so the feelings he had when he was treated respectfully I can understand. What happened to these basic values? Teachers may have to share some blame as they have become too professional and do not impart real education to leave the child "thirsty" so they can earn with "tuition", but I feel whatever the way teachers behave they still deserve respect, that is the Islamic teaching. Each teacher of my younger dyas is still alive in my memories and I still hold all of them in great respect.

4 comments:

mystic said...

Ma baap ke baad izzat ka darjah ustad ka hai..

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, oakley vault, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, kate spade handbags, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, coach outlet, chanel handbags, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, true religion, ray ban outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, longchamp handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, rolex watches, hollister, insanity workout, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, herve leger, uggs on sale, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, birkin bag, new balance outlet, lululemon outlet, p90x workout, wedding dresses, asics shoes, roshe run, canada goose outlet, longchamp, ugg, valentino shoes, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, ghd, canada goose, mac cosmetics, babyliss pro, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, beats headphones, soccer shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes

oakleyses said...

hollister clothing, air max, wedding dress, baseball bats, vans, pandora uk, ralph lauren, moncler, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, ray ban, swarovski jewelry, toms outlet, canada goose pas cher, timberland shoes, converse shoes, ugg, hollister canada, links of london uk, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, nike air max, montre femme, canada goose uk, canada goose, uggs canada, converse, oakley, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, gucci, replica watches, moncler, parajumpers outlet, lancel, swarovski uk, iphone 6 case, louboutin, thomas sabo uk, canada goose