Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chauffeur vs shoher

Those of you who know Urdu would be familiar But let me first place my recent Qat'ah or ruba'i, which was inspired by my dear friend whose story appears below
 "main retire ho kay samjha reh giya shoher mehiz ab huwa m'aloom main begum ka hun shofer mehiz, kaam sirkaree tha jab, aram deh thi zindagi gher kay kaam-o-kaaj ka ab reh giya noker mehiz" (Unless somebody insists I am not translating it)
 A dear friend of mine with a huge sense of humor was stopped at Canadian border returning to America in his car. They separated him from his wife and took their car and started questioning him (Routine thing for them I guess, for the same has happened to us too when I was returning with my wife some two years ago). The man asked him: "What brought you in Canada you have any friends, relatives?" "No." "What were you doing here" ? My friend sat back comfortably and started off something like that: "See, I live in NC and have been there for the last 38 years and me and my wife are retired. I dont do anything. Now, you see in my language the husband is known as "shoher", he emphasized like "Show Her". So now I have become from shoher to shofer (chauffeur) so wherever she tells me I drive her to that place" Maybe he was questioned more but the border police got the answer. Now he asked his wife some questions after that and said "ma'am your husband is a very interesting man" "That's why I married him" was the prompt answer.

4 comments:

mystic said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Very interesting......I saved this post in my computer....

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 310 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that singular make. The prices seeking the sneakers were approximately 320 pounds on every site. But for all I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what is your opinion?

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, rolex watches, hollister, insanity workout, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, herve leger, uggs on sale, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, birkin bag, new balance outlet, lululemon outlet, p90x workout, wedding dresses, asics shoes, roshe run, canada goose outlet, longchamp, ugg, valentino shoes, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, ghd, canada goose, mac cosmetics, babyliss pro, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, beats headphones, soccer shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes