Search This Blog

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Jumáh Journal--my leave

I wont be blogging for two weeks again after today so this Jumáh journal is early, taking leave of you dear reader
Last Jumáh was in Makka Musharrafah and one before that was in Madina Munawwarah. Al-Hamdulillah Allah has been so kind to me in my old age that I get to see these holy palces whenever I would like.
Both in Madina as well as Makkah one thing struck me (not new, I have felt that often before)
It is all due to one man, Rasoolullah Sallallah-o-alaihi-wasallam, an humble man with a tough life and at his death there was almost nothing much in his house but he was the only fully successful prophet, may Allah send his blessings on him and his progeny. We see big buildings, new Makkah, new Madina wonderful Masjid-e-Nabawi. You look at these marvellous structures and still construction going on and expansions going on. People coming from all over the world paying homage to Allah and visiting this man's grave. A whole worldview was created by this simple man, what greatness, what magnificent example. So when the na't writers exaggerate
"Ager woh na hotay to kuchh bhi na hota" , they are really not too far from the truth.
I was wondering during tawaf, this was the place where all the Muslims and the Mushrikeen were making sajda following the recital of Sura Najm by the prophet SAWS. Staying inMakkah and Madina I often wonder about all the history that exists in those places and I wonder where my steps are following the steps of the great companions Sahaba Karaam may Allah be pleased with them all. Some history there, is'nt it?

2 comments:

mystic-soul said...

I have never been to Makkah...

But not found a single soul, who is not touched by just even going there...

bsc said...

May Allah give you the opportunity for visiting for Hajj IA sometimes.
Like one of my friends said
Life never remains the same after Hajj.