Search This Blog

Friday, December 05, 2008

Jumáh Journal-- S Najm first Rukooa

I do not intend to go further (after finishing first rukooa See my posts of November 15, 28, December 3 and dec. 4, May also see Nov. 7 as it is also related).
Basically I wanted to post my own view on the explanations and stories connected with this Sura Mubarakah and you can appreciate it from that point of view.
Allah SWT has given a remarkable detail to impress upon (the Mushrikeen as well as Muslims of that time and for all times) us the essentials of waHi and some aspects of the unseen world so that we can be grateful to him. There is no other way to get this knowledge. I had always wondered why in this sura Allah has said so many things which are partially understandable and partially not, until I studied neurology more thoroughly. As I read more details from various mufassireen I got more and more excited as things started clearing in my mind.
I have tried to be brief but hope that you have enjoyed it as much as I have. many non-physicians can understand it too as I have not used too much of the medical jargon.
The rest of the surah also has many exciting aspects especially I would like you to understand the verses that step by step keep pounding increasingly the power of the Almighty Allah until in the end the verse of Sajdah declares the total awe and His Majesty and it is impossible not to prostrate as He commands. If you know Arabic it is easy for you to know what I am saying, but if you dont, learn the meanings of those verses of the second rukooa (from verse 42 onwards) and recite them loud, you will be wrapped up in that maze of these verses which when translated lose all that effect in any other language.
May Allah forgive me for my shortcomings in understanding and comprehension and mistakes I may have made because of my weaknesses
These are the BEST DAYS (and nights) of the Islamic year (Zdul-Hijjah first ten days) and I have benefited from concentrating on the Qurán and some of its verses (so I finished writing about the first rukooa of this Sura)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I 'cut and Paste'yr series on surah Najam and read as a article with printout....

Thank you..It was so much enlightenment particuly in terms of my questions/confusions about Satanic verses.

bsc said...

You are welcome and thanks for keeping me busy.
There are many thought provoking aspects of many ayat and surahs and inshallah I'll keep doing that.
I have thought of publishing it and may be when I can get down to refining it someday I'll do it.