Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2008

Her fird hay......

Iqbal (Álaihirrahmah) said

afraad kay haathoN maiN hay aqwaam ki taqdeer (the fate of the nations is in the hands of its
individuals)
her fird hay millat kay moqaddar ka sitara (Every individual is the star of the destiny of the
Nation)

There is a program of the President-elect Obama under which all over the Nation group discussions are being held regarding how wecan have better health care for America. This is between 15th and 31st of december, 2008 and the "proposals" or suggestions will provide the guidance and light under which he plans to devise the health care policy.

That this is happening is remarkable and historical.
That this is happeneing even before he takes charge is also remarkable.
I feel so proud to be American all over again. (like I was at the time of Elections).
He, the president-elect, is really making each of us feel like a star of the Nation.

I retired more than five years ago and during my last year of working as a physician I often thought I wish President Bush would ask me, I have such and such suggestion. Never thought it can happen at all. I just expressed a wish. Now it is actually happening and I am so disabled to participate in such discussions in my state, yet I am going to participate just to be able to say that I had something to say in these policies which may or may not turn out to be as good as I would like.
I do plan to write down some points briefly insha-Allah and submit especially how to cut the expences.

No comments: