Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Kakkaji- A jannati person-Part 1

Before getting into discussion I have some points to make
First, the name
In my city of birth Saugor (Maddhya pradesh) Kakka is the same as chachcha (chacha or uncle fathers brother) and of course addition of "ji" is for respect as he was older than me.
Second, His original name was "Raam Pershaad" born in a Hindu family and converted to Islam (Called himself Shamshad Khan) at the hands of my father (therefore he called my father "Bhaiyya", the respectable word for brother). That is the reason we called him "Kakka"
Third point. Kakkji is a unique person
It is difficult for me to talk about this aspect. He died in Jan. 1994.
Allah SWT is  the creator and has His own plan. I would only say that Raam Pershad was a "woman" in the body of a man. I refer to my friend Mystic's blog for the Human touch or Woman's touch, which has prompted me to talk about Kakkaji for he indeed had the "woman's touch" with which he loved us all (All the children of Bhaiyya and Bhabi and their grandchildren.)
I will describe some of this love he had for me, for instance, some other day. My first purpose is to describe his love for my youngest sister (died in 1984 or thereabout).
I am aware of this "story' being so very personal and has my emotional attachment but some points are worth making as they are educational and instructional.
Some circumstances (will explain later) made Shamshad live with us as a family member and he "migrated" with my father to Pakistan and lived with us till his death, May Allah grant him Al-Jannah.
Kakkaji was a 'typical barri boorrhi' (بڑی بوڑھی) of our family and was devotedly attached to us but more so to my youngest sister looking after her who developed "retardation" soon after birth (mentally challenged) and required complete care during her last years of life, My brother had a room constructed for her to live within his family. She had gradually become unable to walk or look after herself. Kakkaji "nursed" her, fed her and did everything for her.
Nobody else in my family could that job (out of my sisters for example, who all were in their own homes married and settled.) Emotionally she was a drain on my mind as well as my brother's, (Also a physician) so much so that when I went for Hajj in 1981, I prayed to Allah to relieve her of her and our misery permanently. She died in 1984 and when I visited home (my brother's home was "my home") after that and was hardly getting off the vehicle to go inside, Kakkaji got hold of me and said, "Chalo meri baitee say milo pehlay" (Come and see my daughter first) and took me to the graveyard.
The way he looked after her was great "ihsaan' of his on our whole family and we all felt so indebted to him though he never made any claims other than the love and all of us showed him the same unwavering love for him that he had shown all his life toward us (Bhayya aur bhabi ki nishanian). Sorry! my eyes are wet.
Will write more next time insha-Allah as there are more lessons in his life story.

3 comments:

Ayesha said...

thank you for sharing this abboo - i know it is hard to write about him! you were truly blessed to have a person like this in your life. i don't know if there ARE people like kakkaji anymore...

Anonymous said...

wah !!!

indeed, extremely touching...I felt some tears in my eyes too....

Anonymous said...

hermes
supreme clothing
yeezy shoes
jordan shoes
kd 12 shoes
bape shirt
chrome hearts
supreme new york
palm angels t shirt
goyard