Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

Jum'ah Journal- "Halloween"

Different people have different ideas of "celebrating" this strange cultural event. Some take it to be Satan worship, na'oozdubillah and I cant imagine what may urge some persons to do such a thing and still call themselves Christians or Jews or whatever. I mean, not even an atheist would go down so low.
Anyway, others consider this event for calling "spirits" or frankly Jinn Bhoot etc. etc.
There may be something out there though I have never had the pleasure of seeing something or experiencing it.
If you have read "Shahab-Namah" you would be familiar with his experience of the "spirit of a Hindu lady". I was quite surprised but have no way of confirming or refuting that experience, when I read it.
To keep the ill effects of such "spirits" the following is advised.
Reciting Al-Hamd Shareef and "Mu'awwazdatain" (the last two surah's of the Qur'an)
Some have suggested "T'aweez" of the following ayat
"And say, "Omy Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of Satans
And I seek refuge with The , o my Lord! lest they should come near me"
(Aya 97 and 98 of sura Al-Mominoon 23rd sura)
Basically these verses teach us to shun evil and stay far away from it.
May Allah keep us and all children safe and happy all over the world whether Halloween or Guy Fawks day (British culture somewhat similar in celebration although on 5th Nov. and then there is bonfire like holi of Hindus) or anything else.

2 comments:

mystic-soul said...

I read Surah Nas and Surah Falaq. I think, they help.

bsc said...

The prophet SAWS used to recite these two surahs and would blow his breath and wipe his face arms etc.
You are right.