Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Surkhi-fathers day

Well, I was in Kentuky this morning and in my friend's place happened to listen to Pakistani channel news
Surprised to hear, " All over the world 'fathers day' being celebrated"
When I lived in Pakistan or England, never heard of Fathers or mothers days, but I guess they have become more common as US culture has really taken over the world.
Here are some fathers thoughts for today
I miss you my son those times I spent trying to play with you inspite of being tired so that you feel happy. I miss your bright eyes when you would learn some new skill or even just a new word adding to your rapidly increasing vocabulary. I miss your expectant and eager looks when I would explain something even if it was just how to make a paper boat. I miss........... and then I wished and prayed for the best in your scholastic acheivements and college and University achievements.
then I wish you the best in your accomplishments of your "life-partner" and and then yourself becoming a father.
Even though you are a father I still wish you the best and pray for you the same from Almighty
O my daughter, I miss your little fingers and hands that held me for support. I miss you your smile and hug for the old man. and yes I miss your eagerness of learning and miss your quiet playing with the dolls in a corner of our house. I miss your tender thoughts on festival occasions and miss your full enagagement in helping out your little friends. And then I miss your happiness on the success you so deservedly obtained after hardwork in your school and college. I miss your development of maturity in your thoughts with cross discussions with us all, (parents and siblings)
And then now I wish you the best in your life with your life partner and the new child/ren.
I pray for you always and O my children you are all in my thoughts today and I am as proud of you as much I can be, wishing you all the best.
I take your leave with the famous prayer for you all that was the 'thoughts and prayer' of Ibrahim (PBUH)
"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular prayer and also among my offsprings, O our Lord! and accept thou my prayer. O our Lord! cover us with Thy forgiveness, me, my parents and all believers on the Day that reckoning will be established." (S. Ibrahim 14th, Aya 40-41)

4 comments:

JAG said...

jazakallhu khair abbuji

Anonymous said...

It was funny:..."All over the world 'fathers day' being celebrated"

I doubt, they celebrate this in Africa

Ayesha said...

ahh abboo, it has taken me so long to come back to your blog and read this :) i spend so little time on blogs these days because i am experimenting with digital processing of my photographs! it's an obsession, i stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning doing it.
but thank you for the words! you know we miss you too, esp because it is hard to talk on the phone. i wish you could come stay with us for a couple of weeks at least...

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, rolex watches, hollister, insanity workout, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo shoes, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, herve leger, uggs on sale, celine handbags, north face outlet, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, birkin bag, new balance outlet, lululemon outlet, p90x workout, wedding dresses, asics shoes, roshe run, canada goose outlet, longchamp, ugg, valentino shoes, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, bottega veneta, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, ghd, canada goose, mac cosmetics, babyliss pro, instyler ionic styler, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, beats headphones, soccer shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes