Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

JUm'ah Journal

This therefore is my 101st blog and though it is being written on sat. morning it is JJ (Jum'ah Journal)
Pakistan and many other countries have Eid-ul-Adha celebration on Friday and I wont go into those arguments in favor and against the actual Yaum Arafah and Yaum-ul-Hajj.
Ordinarily I would go ahead and say Eid mubarak but listening to the massacre in Charsadda I am greatly and sadly inhibited. Like you, I would say, "what can we do?" but it is the most heinous act and I cannot consider this person responsible for so many Muslim's deaths and injury, as a Muslim or a believer. On the Eid day? and while praying in the Masjid?
When will some real Aalim stand up against this stupidity? I dont think anybody believes these acts of violence can be stopped by force (even though many 'great' leaders of today like Bush and Musharraf believe they can, but actual events belie their contension). The Ulama must, not only condemn but actually do something to undo what these little self-made ulama are perpetuating in continuing to teach violence and calling it Islam. All of them know full well what the teachings are and there are no ifs and buts with the aya quoted below (93, of Sura 4).
No killing of innocents, children, older persons, women etc. etc. and if you kill one innocent person who has not killed anybody and who is not responsible for 'fasaad' in earth, Qur'an calls it "as if you have killed the whole mankind" (S.5, Aya 35). Then on top of that, "If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompence is hell, to abide therein for ever and wrath and curse of Allah are upon him...." (S. Nisaa, aya 93)
Would you not shudder at this forceful aya?
Now the lighter side of my blog.
How do you like the handsome (yes despite the clothes this is a male child) fellow's picture in my blog? (courtsy of my son's help) That was 1934 probably March/April.

No comments: